Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Maria Full of Grace

This past weekend I was at my parents for chanukkah and we watched an amazing movie called Maria Full of Grace. It follows the travels of an eighteen year old girl in Columbia who becomes a drug mule. It is a great portrait of the illegal drug trade and one of the many symptons of our war on drugs is that poverty stricken people are forced to go to extreme measures in order to live and support their family.

One thing that is always on my mind is the amount of problems that would be eliminated by legalizing drugs, while also the amount of jobs that would be created.

It seems to be one of those touchy subjects that no one will ever go near, but I can since I am no one of consequence.

Comments on "Maria Full of Grace"

 

post a comment