Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Please Stay Healthy Justice Stevens

Although I haven't really read the decision, I have a feeling I know which side of the issue I would fall upon, and I am glad the supreme court upheld Oregon's assisted suicide law.

Once I saw that it was a 6-3 decision, I knew who the 3 were right away, Roberts, Scalia and Thomas with Scalia issuing the dissent. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come, but unfortunately I think it is, and once Mr. Alito is confirmed which seems likely, unless rumors of his relationship with Pablo the pool boy are true, there will be a solid block of four that will be methodically stripping away individual rights at the same time strengthening the "individual rights" of corporations.

That's why I will wish good health for the remaining 5, Stevens, Souter, Breyer, Ginsburg and Kennedy. Please stay healthy until 2008, and hopefully the democrats will get their butts in gear to save our court and our liberty.

Comments on "Please Stay Healthy Justice Stevens"

 

post a comment