Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Awaiting your resignation, Mr. Stevens!

Anyone remember this little tirade by the "honorable" Ted Stevens from Alaska:

"I will put the Senate on notice -- and I don't kid people -- if the Senate decides to discriminate against our state and take money only from our state, I will resign from this body,"


He was railing against a proposed cut of the "Highway to Nowhere".

Well it looks like the project has been cut, I guess the house realized either: they didn't need Mr. Stevens anymore, Mr. Stevens is full of SHIT, there were real roads in need of repair that service more than 50 people, or all of the above.

I am awaiting your resignation Mr. Stevens, and I can't wait to taste your sweet tears of defeat soon.

Comments on "Awaiting your resignation, Mr. Stevens!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

You must not realize how many communities in Alaska are "no road out." There's a reason we're pioneers in distance learning.

The bridge that Ted had built will be followed by further settlement--sadly, that means bye-bye, wilderness. I've seen many 'nowhere' places become 'somewhere' since the late 1940s.

Why, that bridge will be end to end with Winnebagos from Texas and such remote and legendary parts...just wait until next summer!

Aurora B.

 

post a comment