Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

It feels like I am living in a movie!

The movie I'm living right now is a spin off of Wag the Dog. If you haven't seen Wag the Dog, go here.

All this stuff about conservative pundits being paid to tout the adminstration's policies, potentially damaging reports being delayed till five months after the election(the Clarke memos), and now the latest, GANNONGATE.

Atrios has a link to three great pieces here, the link also includes the Daily show piece. My favorite has been Maureen Dowd's piece, Daily Kos has a great post, in the piece she highlights her inability to obtain a press pass from this administration while the infamous Jeff Gannon/James Guckert was able to.

Anyways, back to my Wag the Dog spinoff. All these things seem so surreal to me, that it makes me wonder if anything else has been staged or produced as in Wag the Dog.

Were the peaceful pictures we saw during the Iraqi election staged? Is anything I see on CNN or any other news channel real? The lack of research done by the "TV reporters" to even look into any information provided by this information leads me to believe that anything is possible. CNN posted two identical pictures of Iran's nuclear site, claiming that they were North Korea's as well, or was it the other way around. Does it really matter? Is any of this really happening or am I just living in a movie?

The recent developments are leading me to believe that we(not me, but bloggers and other repsonsible journalists, such as Keith Olberman, Jon Stewart, and others) are finally poking some holes in the false reality of this adminstration and the conservative news machine.

I am not sure how it will all turn out, although I am positive there will be more entertainment in the weeks to come.

Comments on "It feels like I am living in a movie!"

 

post a comment