Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

They are ruining my favorite show!

Well not entirely, but I just found a story on CBS news about the City Journal who is writing a book about "South Park", and how at it's core it is a culturally conservative show. Here is the article.

This is what pisses me off about delusional people on the right. I admit there are delusional people on the left. These delusional people on the right are making an argument that South Park is mainly against liberals. Yes, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creators of South Park, have their beefs with liberals but they also have their beefs with conservatives. To highligh only one side of the story is typical of delusional people on the right.

My favorite part about South Park is that it makes fun of everybody, that way everyone is on an equal playing field. Everyone and everything is fair game, from WMD to Anti-cigarette campaigns.

Stone and Parker most likely fall somewhere in the middle if anywhere. Kyle and Stan are the characters that are supposed to represent Stone and Parker, and you will notice that they are equally critical of everyone. They all hate Cartman, who truly represents the conservatives on the show. I could even make an argument that they are anti-conservative in the way that they ridicule Cartman in every episode, but I won't because they are equally critical of liberal and conservatives and how hypocritical both sides can be.

Comments on "They are ruining my favorite show!"

 

post a comment