Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Monday, January 17, 2005

My Quest Begins

A recent Wall Street Journal article has finally put me over the edge. It spoke of the great divide in our country over cultural issues, focusing on the children. They highlighted two children, one a son of "activist liberals" and the other a daugther of moral church goers. The daugther spoke of her preaching to her fellow public school classmates about how the bible explicitly condemns homosexuality, abortion, and evolution. This is where my quest will begin.

I have long wanted to read the bible to actually see if these people know what they are talking about, and this article finally motivated me to do so. So I will be picking up my copy today at Barnes and Noble, and reading it cover to cover(gulp). I will provide updates on what I find and where I find it. This is going to be interesting.

Comments on "My Quest Begins"

 

Blogger delagar said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Enjoy the trip. Lots of shocking stuff in the bible (I teach Bible as Lit here in Arkansas) -- but I'll cut to the chase for you: a couple of bits that have been translated, in the KJV, as being anti-(male) homosex; nothing really about abortion; and (duh) nothing at all about evolution.

There's a good site called Religioustolerance.org that can give you the dope on all this.

 

Blogger Will said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Thanks for the info, not all that familiar with the bible, the link should help.

 

post a comment