Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What's the deal with all the Obama hating?

My greatest fear when Barack Obama took the podium at the 2004 Democratic National Convention was that it would paint a big bullseye on his back for the right to aim at. I was proud of the words that Obama spoke that night, it gave me hope that there would soon be a leader in the Democratic party, a voice for Democrats to rally around. As he was speaking I thought in the back of my mind that with a guy like this, the republicans were going to come out extra hard and try and dig for skeletons in his closet.

Little did I know that so called "progressives" and people that I thought wanted to move this country forward have decided that he's not progressive enough(read the comments) or that he's not using his media presence to advance the democratic message(whatever message that may be), or he isn't thinking big enough.

All the comments under these posts make me want to scream,"HE'S ONLY BEEN IN OFFICE FOR LESS THAN TWO STINKING YEARS!!!!

He would be a fool to come into the senate and start a big racket. Remember, if you are a democrat and go against the grain you are a trouble maker or an obstructor, if you are a republican you become a maverick.

Now I am off subject, but seriously can we stop with Obama bashing it is of no help, there are much bigger fish to fry. No he may not be the savior that he was built up to be, but I believe he will be a strong voice in the years to come, despite what the whackos who call themselves progressive but really only want things to be exactly the way that they want them. I'm sorry but things just can't be that way you have to compromise. These people make me feel like my head is going to explode. They are the problem with this party, not Barack Obama.

That's all.

Editor's note: The whackos I speak of are those commenters in the posts, not the bloggers. Although Matt Stoller seems to be taking things a little out of context in proving his point

Comments on "What's the deal with all the Obama hating?"

 

post a comment