Google
Currently generating a new wish list, since all my wishes were granted over the Holidays.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

One thing has bothered me for awhile

George Washington, Ulysses S. Grant, James Garfield, and other past presidents have lead men on the battlefield. I'm sure past legislators have done so as well. I don't necessarily think military service should be a requirement for political office, but I would like to propose a law that might make our current legislators actually think about the human costs of war.

Any legislator who votes for a war, has to go fight the war, or if they are physically unable they must commit their children or a loved one to the war. If the war is really worth fighting they should be willing to put themselves or their loved ones at risk.

This law may give some people second thoughts about running for office, but that is good, because if one is willing to serve the country then they should be willing to actually SERVE THE FRICKING COUNTRY!

I have one question for anyone out there, If this was actual law do you think we would be in Iraq right now?

Comments on "One thing has bothered me for awhile"

 

post a comment